The Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale (LSAS) is a questionnaire developed by Dr. Michael R. Liebowitz, a psychiatrist and researcher.
- This measure assesses the way that social phobia plays a role in your life across a variety of situations.
- Read each situation carefully and answer two questions about that situation.
- The first question asks how anxious or fearful you feel in the situation.
- The second question asks how often you avoid the situation.
- If you come across a situation that you ordinarily do not experience, we ask that you imagine "what if you were faced with that situation," and then rate the degree to which you would fear this hypothetical situation and how often you would tend to avoid it. Please base your ratings on the way that the situations have affected you in the last week. Heimburg, R. G. & Becker, R. E. (2002). Cognitive-Behavioral Group Therapy for Social Phobia. New York, NY: The Guilford Press.